9.15.2008

i must confess, my destiny's manifest

i'm wearing my new old navy shoes and though they are darling, they hold the petulant curse of cheap shoes - they hurt and rub and ouch. they added a dash of polish to my morning commute and the fates smiled on me, because seated directly across from me was a dashing character who looked a lot like the lead singer from better than ezra. hauntingly so. now, given this is boston and no one talks to one another, but rather drowns out the world with their ipods, i didn't speak with this gentleman. instead, i quietly fantasized about him crooning 'porcelain' to me. le sigh. i did showcase my shoes as much as possible, though. perhaps he too has an affinity for t-straps with "shit on the toe." and the ksg consulting fair is open to only harvard grad students. and it's from 10:30 - 3pm. and look at me, i'm here blogging. i determined that sneaking in looks a bit desperate. i might phone a friend in a bit to see if my instincts are correct. plus, i'll have to produce some form of harvard id, which i do not have. and then shit could get crazy. oop, just checked in with haley - she thinks it's a nutty thing to do, so i will not go. plus i'm looking a little too breasty today to be taken seriously in a sea of grey suited boring people with sensible haircuts, shoes, and a passion for writing consulting plans. perhaps i should just print my resumes on hot pink paper, scent them, and complete the elle woods scenario. you'd think that clawing my way up from a being nose-pierced, ani difranco loving deejay at the emerson radio station to the ivy leagues would make job hunting, like, easier.
instead, i'd like to blog about my recent playlist, because that's good times. i had a productive, sniffly day yesterday and have my playlist to thank for motivating me to get my ass out of bed at 7am, walk in the rain across the dot bridge, run various errands, and bang out a fucking sensational efficiencies proposal that, yes, kids, yields $10M in real, we can do it savings. anyone who doesn't want to hire me in chicago needs to get their heads checked (obviously a day of good hard work is making me a bit big headed) because when i put pedal to the metal, watch out! what? yeah, radness. cough cough cough. oh, and i'm thinking of getting my hair dyed red before chitown. thoughts? hooray for autumn. and here's the playlist:
maple leaves - jens lekman
ready or not - fugees (i forgot how fucking awesome this song is)
in the blood - better than ezra (in homage to my fellow t-rider)
wine up - kat deluna (this song gets me moving, pretty much no matter where i am)

it's not over - antennas

lloyd, i'm ready to be heartbroken - camera obscura

alison - douglas heart

suedehead - morrissey (a year-round favorite)

anything by the gin blossoms and toad the wet sprocket because i am going through a mid-90's phase

love will tear us apart - joy division

thieves like us - new order

please, please, please let me get what i want - the smiths

true - spandau ballet (hi, did anyone see the episode of 'ugly betty' where she chaperones a middle school dance and another cute dude chaperone requests this song for her and they slow dance? swoon.)

THE LUST REPORT - for fall, i've been scoping some unconventional additions to my wardrobe. scoping is the extent of it really - too bad this move is making me broke. enjoy:

this is my soon-to-be-arriving phone that has indentured me to at&t wireless for another 2 years. it's soooooo cuuute, though. how is wish the radio dept. would tour so i could get this rad shirt. gold tom's - fun with jeans? yes/no? tres expensive merino scarf with owls. xoxox.


No comments: