8.20.2008

9.8 on Floor Exercise

I'm bored. I know, I usually hate it when people start anything off with that or even say that. It makes me want to say, "well, entertain yourself. get busy." But really, I am. I've already responded to every work and friend-related email, have checked gmail, perez, and pertinent blogs about 700 times, have eaten all the food I have (a ham and cheese pocket, chocolate macaroon, two tangerines, and a diet coke - aren't I donning a swimsuit soon? Eesh.), and have even tracked every run I've done in the past two weeks on mapmyrun.com (where else?). At this point of desperation, where I am teetering on being profoundly sleepy, but also full of pent up energy, there are only three things left to do: (1) emotionally eat (which I am not going to do today), (2) online shop (which I am also not going to do today), and/or (3) do gymnastics at work to amuse Veronica. It happened a bit spur-of-the-moment, but as soon as I got into it, man did I get into it. Abbey and Haley will understand this from our ANF days when our boss would come into the office and I'd be in a poorly executed downward facing dog or would be inflating a squeaky fitball. There are days I behave less like a responsible 27 year old and more like an ADD/OCD/Nanny 911 toddler. Brian will also understand, as I spent a good many mornings or evenings giddily chasing him around my room, beckoning him to do karate with me or wiping spit on him (I'm hot like that). Veronica got right into mom/Olympic judge mode. First, she said, "don't split your pantalones." Then, she took out a notepad and started scoring like a pro. Aside from a 0.00 I received on a poorly executed cartwheel (the Auditors were walking by and I wanted to preserve an air of decorum), I received an overall 9.8. Pretty damn good, if I do say so myself.

The weather has been supercoolwonderful the past few days. I'm seriously digging the feeling of fall breezing in, so much so that I think I picked the best time to move. I'll still get to enjoy Boston's fall, which is admittedly gorgeous, and reminds me of so many wonderful things. Here are some of those wistful memories:

Walking home from the State House, through the Boston Common, with Abbey and Haley. Leaves crunching underfoot and us clad in cute tights and dresses and clothes way too cute for state government employees. We'd head to the dog park and watch people with their puppers. Occasionally, in the early stages of our dog park visiting, we'd creep into the fold and see if any dogs came to us. Some did and some didn't, but we always had a great time watching to dogs run in the breeze.
My first apartment in Boston - though it turned out to be the worst place of all time after the plague of roaches, mice, and stoners. On nice fall weekend days, I'd tidy my whole apartment, grab delicious coffee and a bagel for brekkie, and open my big 4th floor windows and either read on my couch or hunker down for a cozy nap on my bed. I could see all the tree tops through the window and watch the curtains blow. Ah, bliss.

More reminiscing later. Lots of work to do!

No comments: