8.06.2008

Secret Handshake


So hurrah. I finally caved. Some of my friends have blogs and what I used to criticize and publicly shame as being a waste of time, I've now taken up as part celebration and part therapy (oh, and part killing time at work when the nary undershirted communications guy requests things of me). You see, this ain't just no blog about moving. It's a blog about a whole life transition. And you get to come along for the ride (lucky, lucky) and hear all of the edge-of-your-seat stuff about storage units, job hunting in a city where I know no one, and the quest to lease a lovely Prius and an even lovelier, far more destined (not to be leased) shelter dog. There will likely be rants about Boston in between. LET ME JUST SAY IT NOW: Much as I bitch and moan about Bah-ston and its inconsiderate, shiteous occupants, I have had a lot of great experiences here and there are some things that I truly, truly love. That being said, I'm moving to Chicago in pursuit of...in pursuit of what? I dunno. Erica Jong calls it a "hunger thump," my religious grandmother used to call it "a quiet knowing," and one of my friends called it a "firm belief in picking up and moving." Sometimes I think it's just that if I ride the B-line any longer I'll explode. Whatever the catalysts are, it's no great epiphany - I just know it's time and I'm excited!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay Ashers! I can't wait to hear about your adventures!

Haley said...

Me, too!

Also, I have to tell you... in case you didn't know... There's a Six Flags in Chicago, too.

jason said...

Your grandmother called it "a quiet knowing", I call it "restless leg syndrome".